Monday, August 4, 2014

First day - New Blog - New Librarian @ Irma Marsh Middle School

Today is my first official day as the new Teacher-Librarian at Irma Marsh Middle School.  I'm beginning a new blog in my new capacity as a Middle School Librarian.

I began my career in education after working in a Family Law practice as an administrative assistant. After obtaining my certification I taught high school English for five years. While teaching, I developed friendships and collaborations with the high school librarians which greatly benefited my students. My students thrived in the library setting and I enjoyed working with my students with resources for individual learning ready at hand. The next natural transition was for me to become a librarian. After achieving my certification and Master's degree in Library Science I became a librarian working first in a high school and then in elementary school libraries. This will be my first experience working with middle school students, but I'm ready and excited to do so!  

I was able to attend two Digital Leadership trainings with CISD during the summer and gleaned vast amounts of information from those sessions. Castleberry ISD is more than impressive in their progressive thinking and action plan regarding technology.  The bottom line is that students must be engaged and be active participants in the learning process. It needs to be relevant. Technology is relevance. Technology is today. Technology is our students.   

I look forward to this new school year with all of our Castleberry community: the students, the faculty and staff, the parents and the stakeholders.  

No comments:

Post a Comment