Sunday, August 17, 2014

Reflecting on Collaboration August 17, 2014

This week I have been thinking a lot about collaboration.  First I must say that I realize that many educators have misconceptions about what a school librarian actually does.  Many think that librarians spend a preponderance of their day checking in at out books and reading books.  One librarian assistant even laughingly told me that other para-professionals teased her about "painting her toenails"!

Well, I'm here to tell you that these misconceptions are far from the truth. However, it is my job to tell and show you what I do and what I can do as your teacher-librarian. (See previous post: 27 Things your Teacher-Librarian Does.) Like you, I'm here for the students. It's my main goal to create a welcoming place of learning and discovery for our students.

Also, I want you to know that I'm here for you as a support and resource.  I can find and gather resources to support your lessons and I can co-teach and help support your curriculum. The library is a place for teachers too!  Come in during your planning and say hi or take a break browsing our resources.  I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and work with you to help our students discover the joys of finding a good book and a welcome spot within the walls of IMMS.

No comments:

Post a Comment